2016 has been a long year for me personally but a great year in terms of progress in making the success of the TNC possible. The TNC is an important part of my vision for where we as transhumanists need to go. While on Facebook it might seem that we are doing a lot of talking, there have been a lot of things happening in the real world around the TNC and it’s important that everyone knows that progress. From our convention and formal organization early in 2016 to the first fund raising event recently in San Francisco the TNC has moved forward. In terms of what we accomplished this year the most important items are:
- Formal organization at a Virtual Convention powered by Swarm AI based voting provided by UNU.
- Formal articulation of a Transhumanist Platform based on the transhumanist declaration and that included public and TNC member input on those policy planks.
- Cloud based infrastructure was setup including the document archive wiki, domain names, web servers, email server with the last element being the *. SSL certificate ready for setting up the new member portal for our next convention.
- We have found some fund raising partners and executed on starting that process.
- We have hired a legal firm to manage our legal formation as a 527 lobby/PAC going into 2017 with the vision of building a real political transhumanist movement/party going into 2017.
One of the key goals for me was to build organizational maturity to be able to run a national organization. To a large degree this was accomplished. Granted funding took about 8 months longer than expected, putting the originally task break down behind the original schedule, any good plan can be adapted and thus we will be doing this over the next month and executing on a new strategy or refined strategy that is now funded.
In 2017 we hope to accomplish the following:
- FEC filing as a lobby. Keep in mind it is not realistic yet to function as a party and will continue to drive our positions as a 527.
- Our political agenda in 2017 will be about lobby efforts moving our agenda (platform) forward.
- New 2017 Convention designed to carry us forward and further bake out our platform as we start adopting detailed policy positions and detailed planning.
- Fund policy position papers as well as adopt some from IEET and other sources as they make sense for us to use as the basis for our new 2017 platform or agenda to power the intellectual horse power in terms of public perception as we drive forward.
- A new 2017 platform adopted at the next convention including a new level of research and new details in terms of each policy plank.
- Support the Formation of at least 10 local or regional organizations to become stronger and viable in their areas including funding or micro grants to these smaller groups.
- Create a local/regional starter kit for people wanting to start local groups.
- Create or fund a research project supporting a block chain powered UBI for TNC members.
- Open 3 offices that includes show case-ing the Foundations Transhuman Library in three cities (right now the plan is Washington DC, Seattle and Provo and if possible San Francisco and New York.)
- A strong presence on university campuses and at conventions where we gain visibility and increasing audience.
- Affect at least one policy proposal that gets adopted legally in some American jurisdiction.
I wish everyone a great 2017 and hope that my vision as articulated here will resonate with everyone in and out of the TNC. Given the state of politics in the United States, we really need a stronger movement politically willing to play the game in DC for the good of All Americans and to help protect a Transhuman Future.
@DavidJKelley, TNC Chairmen
Posted in policy, press
Tagged convention, official, planning, platform, policies, policy, press, state, statement, TNC, transhuman, transhumanism, transhumanist, transhumanity
One of the big dangers of the ever increasing ideological divide in the United States is that transhumanist’s will be targeted and discriminated against. Being targeted over ones children because of being a transhumanists is a rights issue that is fundamental to the Transhumanist Nation Committee (TNC). Along those lines recently several people said this guy Rich Lee is a good guy and needs help. My personal friend Gabriel (popular bio hacker) knows Rich and given his endorsement I decided that as Chairmen of the TNC that I ask the community of transhumanists regardless of the underlying flavor to help Rich. Rich needs to raise just over 6 thousand dollars and if we each just give a little, we can help prevent discrimination and in this case prevent Rich from loosing his kids. Continue reading
I realize its not wise to have me write to much without an editor but given the overwhelming concern in the TNC with last nights election results I think as TNC Chair I should at least comment.
First not all TNC members where for Hillary or Trump but we have members on both sides of the isle metaphorically and overwhelmingly we are on neither side.
As an organization I think it is clear from the board finding of fact recently that both of these were just terrible candidates as it relates to the TNC platform. So given that we have to live with Trump as the next President of the United States then what are the positive things we might consider coming out of the next four years. To me these are some of the possible benefits that give me ‘hope’. Continue reading
While the Transhuman National Committee (TNC) has been working on the formation and legal structures to provide the TNC with the legal foundation for moving forward as well as the policy and platform development the board has done some research beyond that scope around the current election. Continue reading
The TNC (Transhuman National Committee) is doing its initial fund raising through a partnership with EFTF (Extreme Futures Technology and Forecasting Conference) coming to San Francisco on Saturday Oct 22nd. Proceeds from the event will help fund an office in DC and formal 527 Organization of the PAC to move a transhumanist agenda. David (TNC Chairmen) says,
“Getting a formal PAC in DC getting politicians to be at least aware of the Transhumanist Movement and our Agenda politically is the first step in a better future for humanity.”
Get tickets now or donate or register as a TNC founding member here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/extreme-futures-and-technology-forecasting-conference-fall-2016-tickets-26857481450
Posted in press
Tagged event, funding, press
[Adopted by the 02016 TNC convention 27 Feb 02016]
The following platform is the basis for the TNC’s transhumanist agenda that will be lobbied for in the United States by the TNC. Continue reading
The Official Summary of the TNC Convention for 2016 includes:
The new official Board of directors includes:
The Executive Committee: Continue reading
Posted in press
Tagged 2016, convention, david, davidbrin, Lincoln Cannon, mta, official, press, TNC, transhuman, transhumanism, transhumanist, transhumanity, una, UNU, ZS
[TPG] STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF THE (US) TRANSHUMAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE
The following is an open letter being read as an address at the (US) Transhuman National Committee convention on 27th February 2016:
My name is Amon Twyman, and I am making this statement in my capacity as Leader of the Transhumanist Party, a registered political party in the United Kingdom, and as a founder of the worldwide Transhumanist Party movement. Continue reading
Posted in press
Tagged 2016, Amon, convention, official, politics, press, statement, TNC, transhuman, transhumanism, transhumanist, transhumanity, ZS
“I support the Transhuman National Committee in its goal to influence governance in the United States of America on behalf of Transhumanists in a democratic manner, reflecting our diversity, and with secular neutrality toward traditional and emerging cultures. I also encourage other religious Transhumanists to support the Transhuman National Committee in this goal, and to do so in a manner that exemplifies an undaunting commitment to constructive engagement with our non-religious peers.” (Lincoln Cannon, co-founder of the Mormon Transhumanist Association and co-founder of the Christian Transhumanist Association)
* hero image from https://www.youtube.com/user/transfigurism
It is, of course, wise and beneficial to peer ahead for potential dangers and problems — one of the central tasks of high-end science fiction. Alas, detecting that a danger lurks is easier than prescribing solutions that can prevent it. Take the plausibility of malignant AI, remarked-upon recently by luminaries ranging from Stephen Hawking to Elon Musk. Indeed, my own novels contain some chilling warnings about failure modes with our new, cybernetic children. Continue reading